Sunday, April 26, 2009

This semester is almost over

Environmental activist RFJ Jr called out Obama on dedicating taxpayer money to research clean coal technology, which he says it's not possible. Read more on ABC. According to Bruce Nilles of the Sierra Club, coal is the dirtiest fuel source and "clean coal" campaigns are just a distraction from actually weaning of the big polluter.

Pretty interesting write up and I'm glad people are confronting Obama for using tax dollars to help coal stay in business. "The coal industry contributed $15.6 million to all federal campaigns in the last election cycle, according to the Center for Responsive Politics" says ABC.

And for a good chuckle, check out the Coen Brother's commercial about the idea of clean coal.

I'm just glad this issue is getting some attention.

And I apologize for the photos of my cat. I just can't help myself!



No comments: